Ożarów tour through the Museum's collection
of both photographs and testimony of those who lived in this city
through the mid to late 1940s.
Where you see the
earphones icon, follow the link to hear the audio testimony. Where
you see a
video icon, clicking on the link will take
you directly to a short video clip, so have your speakers on before
clicking on the link.
Ożarów family tour will evolve over time. For now,
click on any of the page titles below to begin your tour and return
back to this page to continue to the next "station."
you are in a "real" museum and you decide to take an audio tour of a
certain aspect of the Museum's collection. You put on the infrared
earphones the museum provides you, and you perhaps receive a paper
or brochure that explains to you where in the museum all the
material relative to an author or subject is (here it's the town of Ożarów), and you follow the directions provided for the
tour and then proceed from room to room, from station to station.
enjoy the tour!
01. Screening Room: "Return
to Ożarów: Mending a Broken Link"
02. The Rabbis and Their Prayer Houses: "Rabbi
03. The Rabbis and their Prayer Houses: "The
Ożarów Family Torah"
04. From Cheder to Yeshiva: "Reb
05. The Jewish Soldier in History: "Moshke
06. Tribute to my Father: "Michael
07. Jewish Ideological Movements: "The
Free Thinkers Movement"
08. Shabbat and the Jewish Holidays: "Purim
in Ożarów, Poland"
09. Shabbat and the Jewish Holidays: "Sabbath
Preparations in Ożarów"
Shabbat and the Jewish Holidays: "Lag
11. Shabbat and the Jewish Holidays: "The
Rosh Hashanah Card: My Darling Rozia!"
12. How We Worked: "Hersh-El'ye
We Worked: "The
We Worked: "The
15. Zionism in Europe: "Poale
Zion in Ożarów"
of Passage: "A
Marriage in Lasocin"
17. Rites of Passage: "The
Bar Mitzvah Chiel Mendel Melman"
Postcards from Home: "The
Moishe Gold Collection"
19. The Kehillah: "The
Anti-Semitism in Europe: "State
and Religious Anti-Semitism"
Letters from Europe: "A
Cry to Escape: Letters to Yidiss Birnbaum from her Sisters"
World War II and the Holocaust: "The
War II and the Holocaust: "Invasion
War II and the Holocaust: "Hassag, the Labour Camp of Skarzysko"
the War: "Return to Ożarów in 1945"
26. Landsmanshaftn in America: "The
Ożarów Jubilee in Toronto, Canada"